Promotion can get overwhelming, especially for artists who are busy being creative in their studios. I've put together a "Promotion To-Do Checklist" for artists to take some of the guesswork out of it, so you have a little bit of extra energy to actually get it done!
- To do today: edit ACGA member web page with recent images and updated information.
- June 1-7: send a "save the date" email to customers with a digital postcard, links to the ACGA website and your website.
- Week of June 21: mail show postcard to customers.
- June 14-21: Post the event to your Facebook page, along with an album of recent work.
- June 27-July 1: send an email reminder to customers with your booth information and pertinent links.
A final piece of business: in the ACGA's continuing quest to save money on printing costs and be more green, we've moved the Member Directory online. You can download it as a PDF if you want to keep it stored on your computer or even print it out, or simply log in to the ACGA website to access the member directory there. If you are now still receiving the newsletter in print form, we will be sending you a hard copy this time. But please be aware that member contact information is readily accessible by other registered ACGA members online now, and the ACGA "phonebook" is going the way of the Yellow Pages... onto the web!